- What is IT Law?
IT is a science that deals with the techniques of processing and evaluating all kinds of information and data in technical, economic and social fields by means of electronic tools.
Informatics Law, on the other hand, is a branch of law that deals with disputes that may arise or may arise in the field of information and technology. In other words, informatics law has emerged in order to prevent the misuse of information and technology.
Cyber crimes are regulated between Articles 243-245 of the Turkish Penal Code No. 5237. Accordingly, the main IT crimes in the Turkish Penal Code can be listed as the Crime of Entering the Information System, Blocking, Destroying, Making the System Inaccessible, Destroying or Changing the Data, Misuse of the Bank or Credit Card, Using a Forbidden Device or Program.
In addition to the Turkish Penal Code No. 5237, the “Law on Regulation of Publications on the Internet and Combating Crimes Committed Through These Publications” was published in the Official Gazette dated 23.05.2007 and entered into force on the same date. This law was created in order to regulate the procedures and principles regarding combating certain crimes committed on the internet through content, location and other access and providers.
- What are the services provided by our office in the fıeld of IT Law?
As ATD Law Firm, the litigation and consultancy services we provide for our clients with the help of our consultants in the field of IT Law and expert lawyers working in our office are mainly in the following areas:
- Following the current developments in the field of information technologies,
- Unfair competition cases about domain names,
- Violations of intellectual and industrial rights through e-commerce and the internet
- Personality rights violations through e-commerce and the internet
- Consultancy on the right to be forgotten and the protection of this right,
- Providing consultancy services to internet content provider and hosting provider,
- Providing legal consultancy services for companies selling goods and services over the Internet and preparing the legal infrastructure,
- Litigation and legal consultancy on the follow-up and conclusion of violations that occur via the Internet.